Here is a whistle stop summary of building the Pi powered Delorean Time Circuit and Flux Capacitor
- Wire 3 red LED common anode 7-segment displays to an Adafruit HT16K33 LED backpack. Set its I2C address as 0x70
- Repeat for green and yellow (0x71, 0x72 respectively)
- Build and connect the flux capacitor to the “yellow” backpack
- Connect all three to the 3v3, SDA, and SCL headers accordingly (pins 1, 3, and 5 on the GPIO – don’t forget to connect a ground as well)
- Make sure the I2C bus is setup on your Pi
- Download my Python code. You may need the AdaFruit I2C and LEDBackpack libraries if you don’t have them already.
- Tweak the Python as needed and execute the code!
- Put it in a box and label accordingly
- Don a white lab coat and a wig